For the chicken fajitas, I was looking to try a new recipe and I stumbled upon this recipe on AllRecipes.com. The looked very similar to my soy-lime marinade for steak so I went with it. Glad I did because many people really liked the chicken. Full recipe below
Chicken Fajitas Recipe
3lbs chicken breast
- Prepare the marinade from the steps on allrecipes.com
- Place the chicken inside a ziploc bag with the marinade.
- Rub about and put in the fridge for 4 hours turning every hour or so to make sure the marinade is distributed evenly
- Heat a sous-vide water bath to 140 F and place individual chicken breasts in vacuum sealed or ziploc bags with as much air removed as possible
- Place bags in water and let cook for 45 minutes
- Remove bags and chicken and chop
- Heat a skillet to high and add canola oil — the pan should register around 350 F when ready
- Place chopped chicken in pan and allow to sear for ~2 minutes
- Remove, salt to taste, and serve immediately
What I liked about this recipe is that the sous-vide made sure the chicken was cooked safely for my guests and allowed me to take out the chicken one at a time as the chicken I already had out was finished. This made sure everything was a fresh and safe as possible
I think in the future I will experiment with different chicken pieces that have more flavor than chicken breast and add a bit more spice to the marinade. Also, other recipes with searing sous-vide meat say it can be easier to sear meat before it has gone in the bag so I will try that as well and see how it tastes.